The Vision: To obey the call of Romans 10:14-15 “How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in Him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching? And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach good news!”
Joy of Signing Ministry (JOS)
• To create awareness of sign language as cultural bridge for communication, evangelism and mission as well as awareness of song-signing; music that is felt, seen and experienced as a concept through sign language.
• To train committed Christians to serve in the deaf and hard of hearing ministry at Sunday 9am service either as typists or sign language interpreters for prayers, worship and/or sermon.
Many deaf people go through their lives isolated from the hearing world due lack of accessible information which more often than not is through the faculty of hearing. Deaf people need Christians who know sign language to tell them about Jesus.
In sign language which is the first language of the deaf people, the gospel is put together articulately and it provides a clear vision of the proper object of their faith so that subjective faith will be well-grounded.
Deaf and Hard of Hearing Ministry (DHHM)
• Weekly bible study/fellowship for deaf and hard of hearing held in Sengkang.
– Friday evening group for students/working adults
• Fun outings organised by regulars to reach out to other deaf and hard of hearing friends.
• Sign interpretation provided at Sunday 9am service at ARPC@Adam